|Installing and Removing Synchronize It!
Since Synchronize It! does not use your
Windows registry and or any additional DLLs, installing and
removing Synchronize It! is very simple.
To install or remove Synchronize It! with an
- To install, run wndsync_setup.exe and follow the instructions to
- To remove, use the Add/Remove Programs
function in the Windows Control Panel.
To install or remove other versions of
- To install, unpack the original archive file
(you may need a tool like WinZip) to any folder. You can create a
new folder for Synchronize It! (and, optionally, Compare It!) or use any existing folder.
- To remove, delete the following files:
- wndsync.ini or
Registry or configuration file?
Synchronize It! can store all settings either in registry or in
configuration file. You can choose which way you prefer during
installation, or at any moment later.
- If you are not the only user working on your computer, or
- If you don't have administrator rights on your computer,
- If you are running Vista
Choose configuration file:
- If you need to run application on multiple computers from flash
drive or network server
To make Synchronize It! use registry, create file named
wndsync.reg (with any content) and place it to the folder
with wndsync.exe. To toggle between registry and configuration file
usage you may also need Inport\export commands, which are available
from Options dialog.