|Options Dialog Box: Advanced Comparison options
This page lets you edit options common to all Profiles, including line comparison settings.
Common file comparison options:
- To toggle moved sections detection, use Find moved section check box.
See Moved sections discussion for details.
- To automatically use partial matching engine in whole file, set Force partial matching check box.
See Partial matching for an explanations.
- Set Remember last profile option to force using same profile,
which was used in previous program session.
Exact comparison can be more confusing than useful. Here is an example:
This is sample string
And here is another one
These lines are completely different, but the comparison shows you some of the same symbols.
The Min chars to match and Min % of line to match options
help to avoid visual noise caused by matching characters being highlighted,
even though the complete lines are very different.
To set line comparison options:
The Options dialog box appears.
- In the Options box, select Lines Comparison page.
- To automatically use line comparison, select the Use line comparison check box.
- Min chars to match option tells the program to ignore any matching substrings,
if they are shorter than the specified length.
- Min % of line to match option turns off inline highlighting unless the sum of all matching substrings
is more than the specified percent of the line.
In the example above, the sample lines have lengths of (21 + 23) = 44 symbols, and the total length of matched fragments is (5 * 2) = 10, and there is only about 23% match.
- With Use adaptive comparison checkbox you can toggle usage of Adaptive line comparison algorithm.