Losing network connection during Synch operation

Post your bug reports here
LanaiLizard

Losing network connection during Synch operation

Post by LanaiLizard »

I had made some comments in the "Delayed Write Error" thread thinking that my issue had the same root cause but I'm not sure now.

I have been using Synchronize It for a long time with no problems then suddenly after I upgraded to V3.4 from V3.1 I could not longer synch my files without my network connection strangely losing routing and the remaining files to be copied getting "The network path was not found". This only shows up if I copy lots of files or really large files (1GB-2GB in size).

Strangely, I'm not sure what gets damaged that is preventing network operation because the routing table is fine, the gateway, subnet mask, IP, etc are all still fine. Just no data going over the network. If I do a disconnect on the wireless connection and then connect again the network operation is restored.

I only have this issue with Synchronize It so thought it was related to the latest version I had upgraded to. After further testing and going back to my "solid" V3.1 the problem remains so it is something else.

The only other changes to my system was some WinXP maintenance so now I think one of those fixes changed something in Windows XP that creates a problem now in Synchronize It for some reason.

Here are the WinXP updates I made at the same time I upgraded Synchronize It so I hope someone can see which one might be the trouble fix.

- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - December 2008 (KB890830)
- Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB956802)
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB958215)
- Update for Windows XP (KB955839)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)
- Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB954459)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB954211)
- Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB956391)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB957095)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB954154)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)

The last WinXP maintenance prior to these changes were made at the end of August and I only started getting this problem after these changes were made.

I'll do more testing and research but maybe someone will recognize which of these updates might have made a critical change in Windows that is tripping up Synchronize It now.

Thanks,
Jesse

LanaiLizard

Post by LanaiLizard »

Out of that list these three fixes are network server or SMB related so would seem to me to be possible candidates:

Thoughts? I may try uninstalling them and see what happens.

Jesse

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

At which stage do you receive this error? Is it always during file copying, after some files were already copied?

LanaiLizard

Post by LanaiLizard »

Yes, when it has happened on small files, say folders and folders of 4MB picture files it can take maybe 15 minutes or more of copying time before it will fail. It has never happened right away but seems to be somewhat random when it does happen. At the moment it happens every time given enough time.

I was able to recreate the issue every time with one folder of only 4 files but these files were each about 1GB in size. It seemed to happen on the larger files (over 1GB in size), again randomly, but after it had copied maybe 40%-50% of the file.

Hope this helps and thanks for looking into this. By the way, this is only when copying across a network connection (local disk to a network shared drive on another system). I have not had a problem if the files are local (say a local IDE disk to a USB attached drive).

Thanks,
Jesse

sasha2009

Re: Losing network connection during Synch operation

Post by sasha2009 »

LanaiLizard wrote:I had made some comments in the "Delayed Write Error" thread thinking that my issue had the same root cause but I'm not sure now.

I have been using Synchronize It for a long time with no problems then suddenly after I upgraded to V3.4 from V3.1 I could not longer synch my files without my network connection strangely losing routing and the remaining files to be copied getting "The network path was not found". This only shows up if I copy lots of files or really large files (1GB-2GB in size).

Strangely, I'm not sure what gets damaged that is preventing network operation because the routing table is fine, the gateway, subnet mask, IP, etc are all still fine. Just no data going over the network. If I do a disconnect on the wireless connection and then connect again the network operation is restored.

I only have this issue with Synchronize It so thought it was related to the latest version I had upgraded to. After further testing and going back to my "solid" V3.1 the problem remains so it is something else.

The only other changes to my system was some WinXP maintenance so now I think one of those fixes changed something in Windows XP that creates a problem now in Synchronize It for some reason.

Here are the WinXP updates I made at the same time I upgraded Synchronize It so I hope someone can see which one might be the trouble fix.

- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - December 2008 (KB890830)
- Security Update for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB952069)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB956802)
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB958215)
- Update for Windows XP (KB955839)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)
- Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB954459)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB954211)
- Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB956391)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB954154)
- Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)

The last WinXP maintenance prior to these changes were made at the end of August and I only started getting this problem after these changes were made.

I'll do more testing and research but maybe someone will recognize which of these updates might have made a critical change in Windows that is tripping up Synchronize It now.

Thanks,
Jesse
You can download:
- Windows Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
- Windows Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
- Windows Update for Windows XP (KB957095)
It's can help you.
http://www.soft-windows.com/