Backup configuration files

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
Mario Cerutti

Backup configuration files

Post by Mario Cerutti »

Hello,

Would it be possible to include a command to save the configurations file (projects) in the desired location?

Thank you

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hmm, what is the reason? Maybe your problem should be solved in another way?

Mario Cerutti

Post by Mario Cerutti »

grigsoft wrote:Hmm, what is the reason? Maybe your problem should be solved in another way?
Above all I hope my suggestion was clearly stated: as in many other programs, I would like to have the possibility to save the setting files in the desired location through a "Save file to..." command: for example, in my case I would like to keep a copy of Synchronize it!'s Winsin file in the "Program setting files" folder that I have created in the HHD file partition. Should a HHD crash occur, for instance, the setting/configuration files (of the programs that allow for this very feature) that are stored in that folder can be readily recalled after reinstalling all programs.

To do this I currently need to manually copy the Winsin file from the program folder to the file folder (and then to a back-up device).

It is not a killing feature, but in my opinion it would make everything easier.

Thank you and kind regards

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Now I see. I understood from your first post that you want a command line switch for this. I'm planning to add import/export functions for whole settings file, as well as ability to save selected Sessions/Projects in another file.