Deleted files.

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
hydeist

Deleted files.

Post by hydeist »

I recently installed Synchronize It and attempted to move new files onto my backup drive from my documents. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that updating it meant it would completely get rid of any files at the target that were no longer in my documents. It deleted tons of files I had deleted from the source for space.

It even deleted things from the target that are still at the source, which is puzzling.

Is there any way to recover all of my files or are they gone forever?

Edit: I downloaded Recuva and scanned, but it found nothing.

I even tried selecting everything in Synchronize It and telling it to reverse, but that didn't work, as expected.

I'm pretty desperate to get my files back.

Thanks.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Re: Deleted files.

Post by grigsoft »

I'm sorry about that, but Synchronize It! does ask delete confirmation several times, and it also display what it's gong to do.
It can not delete files that were on source, though. Maybe you are looking at wrong folder?
Check your RecycleBin, maybe files are there. Otherwise, check some undelete tools, like http://ntfsundelete.com/.
But do not copy\install anything to drive you have deleted files from!

hydeist

Re: Deleted files.

Post by hydeist »

grigsoft wrote:I'm sorry about that, but Synchronize It! does ask delete confirmation several times, and it also display what it's gong to do.
It can not delete files that were on source, though. Maybe you are looking at wrong folder?
Check your RecycleBin, maybe files are there. Otherwise, check some undelete tools, like http://ntfsundelete.com/.
But do not copy\install anything to drive you have deleted files from!
I'm sorry, I don't think I was clear. It took the contents of one folder, the target, and completely replaced them with the contents of the source folder, my documents. It didn't ask me if I wanted it to delete anything, it simply got rid of the files. I asked it to update the target, and looking on the help - actions, and since it didn't specify that it would get rid of files (as in it doesn't say delete anywhere on that action line), so I really didn't think it would get rid of anything. I probably just didn't read something correctly.

They're not in the recycle bin.

Thanks, I'll check out that tool. I'm asking Recuva to scan again, which it is about half through now.