Projects vs. sessions

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
Gerrit

Projects vs. sessions

Post by Gerrit »

Hi Igor,

Can I overrule at project level settings that I defined at session level?

The interface and the command line options seem to suggest that this can be done. For instance the advanced options are available at session level and in the project interface. (Advanced options: 'Not older than', 'Date is between', 'File size' and 'Skip hidden and system files'.)

This is powerful. And actually I really want to be able to overrule the 'Action' setting as well. My sessions are all 'synchronize', but for one of the project a 'duplicate' would be required. 8)

But at the moment overruling is not working. Will it be ready later?

I am really puzzled how you'll be able to implement these things with this interface. What if I have 2 sessions and for one of them I set it to only copy files smaller than x mB. I believe overruling will only work if you set the advanced option 'File size' to be greyed out to show that an session has something set here. Cleaning the thickbox should disable this setting for that session, while turing the thickbox from grey to black should set this option for all sessions. Will that be your approach to this?

Gerrit

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Gerrit,
Overruling was a powerful, but confusing feature, so I've decided to get rid of it. Only action can be changed for projects, since this is really can be used quite often.