Build 1.0.1131 Comments and ideas :)

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
Gerrit

Post by Gerrit »

I'll join in...

Personally :!: i would probably not use an option for bringing up the StartDlg window after the Syncronize button is pushed. If the F5 shortcut is repaired it is done with one push. I usually review what has been done after I do a Sync. But I can imagine the usefulness. It would not be in the way

But what about an Update button on the preview window? I sometimes do a cleanup of some files after I preview the comparison list in the preview window. After that it would be nice to update the comparison with one click.

grigsoft writes:
Keeping this two in one window would be nice, but it willtake too much space. Maybe I will ad this as an option tor large resolutions though.

Why not make the app remember the position of the StartDlg window?

Gerrit

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

About Update button - maybe I will add a command to menu with key shortcut.

Position of both windows will be stored in the end.

ravensOrb

Post by ravensOrb »

Will there be a quick way to "rescan". Basically, I use the same settings, and wind up sync'ing multiple times a day (push code to dev, then test, then prod servers). It would be nice to sync, then hit F5 to refresh the current scan or something like that.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, some way to quick refresh is planned. I have not decided yet the function for it - either true rescan, which would take some time, or just drop sync'ed files from the list.

ravensOrb

Post by ravensOrb »

An option for both would be awesome :)

Gerard Durand

Small dialog bug

Post by Gerard Durand »

When you want to delete a file (from the source or destination) the confirmation dialog box seems to be the same as for overwriting a file. So the buttons labels "Overwrite" or "Overwrite All" are a little bit confusing here. Il should be simply "Delete" or "Delete All".
Thanks again for your sofwares.

Gerard 8)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, you are right, thank you. I will fix that.

Post by Guest »

Gerrit wrote:I'll join in...

Personally :!: i would probably not use an option for bringing up the StartDlg window after the Syncronize button is pushed. If the F5 shortcut is repaired it is done with one push. I usually review what has been done after I do a Sync. But I can imagine the usefulness. It would not be in the way

But what about an Update button on the preview window? I sometimes do a cleanup of some files after I preview the comparison list in the preview window. After that it would be nice to update the comparison with one click.

grigsoft writes:
Keeping this two in one window would be nice, but it willtake too much space. Maybe I will ad this as an option tor large resolutions though.

Why not make the app remember the position of the StartDlg window?

Gerrit

Post by Guest »

grigsoft wrote:Yes, you are right, thank you. I will fix that.

..... uuuuh oooh .... owning aND POSTING SESSIONS AS GUEST.... UUUUUUUU...