Title in Search result panel and sort order of results?

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
whiri02

Title in Search result panel and sort order of results?

Post by whiri02 »

I seem to have come a bit late to this beta, but I have a couple of comments
I run NT4 SP6 and use compare it! 3.7.1488 and Sync 2.82.
1) In 2.82 the source and target dir names appear in/near the title of the results panel. I like this, but in 3.0 1.0.1101 they don't.
2 Printing. Could you add some way to customise the page headers/footers. I would like a consistent title on all pages and a Page n of m on the footer if possible.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Happy New Year! :)
Version 3 is still in beta, so you are not late!
1. Almost same title names will be used in next update
2. What do you want to [not] display in header/target?

Post by Guest »

1) Thanks - good news
2) Print Headers: Currently just a timestamp is printed on the left side of line 1. I would like a 'title' to appear on all pages.
I would prefer to be able to enter my own words, but if that is not possible can the Source and Target root directories (suitably truncated if required) be printed?
Print Footers: 2.82 just shows a page number. Version 3 shows page number and your URL on the right of the line.
I would prefer to see page numbering like this "page 1 of 7", (that's just because I like to know just how big a report is when I come to look at it later).
Also why not show the program name and version details on the left to proclaim that the report was produced by your wonderful utility.

whiri02

Post by whiri02 »

Sorry that was me replying as guest - forgot to sign in :)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Happy New Year!

Thank you, I will try to implement all these features. Note that link to register page will disappear after product registration (when it will be implemented :)

whiri02

Post by whiri02 »

Happy new year to you too! :D
I appreciate your efforts to meet my requirements!