NTS to FAT sync fails

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
Wilhelm

NTS to FAT sync fails

Post by Wilhelm »

Hello,

My first tests showed a problem when synchronising between a NTFS and FAT drive. Though I've checked the "ignore 1 hour daylight savings" as well as the "ignore 2 sec differences" boxes, nearly all of the files are marked for sync. From the preview window it is obvious that the marked files have in fact equal sizes and only 2 sec time differences. So there seems to be a problem with the file comparing routine.

BTW: the new interface is very promising!

Wilhelm

Post by Wilhelm »

Okay, seems that I've misunderstood the purpose of the beta version.

Do I understand right that the comparation does not work at all yet? Because checking "size only" leads to the same result: all files are marked for sync, even if they have the same sizes.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

You are right, all these features are not functional yet. I will try to update it to the state of 2.8 in next 2 weeks. Later on I will start adding functinality.

Gargantubrain

RE: NTFS to FAT sync fails

Post by Gargantubrain »

With latest 1.0.912:

Depending on the "Compare by" option selected, it either doesn't work, works, or works very slowly:

Date + size: Does NOT work (1 hour and 2 sec differences), very quickly
Date or content: Works, just a little slowly
Content: Works, very very slowly
Size only: Works, very quickly

Based on the fact that Date or content works, I am assuming there is just a bug in the date + size code that isn't catching the 1 hour 2 sec flags.

For now, then, just use your choice of any option other than Date + size depending on if you need to scan the content or not. I prefer content scanning so I'm using "Date or content".

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for report! In fact I thought I have implemented this, but I will have to check this again.