Synchronize It! 3.0

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.

Do you like new interface of SI 3.0?

Yes, it is better than old one
80%
It is not bad, but I was expecting more
13%
No, I will stick with the old version
7%

Total votes: 15

Heinz Schmidt

Cannot get the new Release.

Post by Heinz Schmidt »

I always get the older Release (1.0.0.1101) from this Link :

http://www.grigsoft.com/winsync3b.zip !

where has the new release gone ?

Heinz Schmidt

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Sorry, my fault - try again please. And thank you for report!

mmalcor

I just looked at it today

Post by mmalcor »

I think the new interface looks good.

Is there any thought into being able to "upgrade" our old version ini file? I mean will I need to redo all my settings? Maybe even release a tool to convert our old ini file to the new format?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, I think I will make some update tool, thank you.

bbJapan

unicode

Post by bbJapan »

Hi grigsoft,

Perhaps someone mentioned before that this version is not supporting unicode - yet... I hope.
The interface looks nice, fresh colors and finally resizable but still seems a bit "unsorted" somehow.
The option "by size" was long expected - if it works with unicode!
Birger

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Of course, Unicode will be supported. I gues I will make Unicode version with next update

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

:))
No, it didn't die. Since it turned that interface still requires some thinking, I have moved my efforts to Compare It! activeX control, which is already ready. So I hope soon we will have new update for SI3.

ravensOrb

Sync 3.0??

Post by ravensOrb »

So where do we stand on a official build??? :)

ravensOrb

Post by ravensOrb »

grigsoft wrote::))
No, it didn't die. Since it turned that interface still requires some thinking, I have moved my efforts to Compare It! activeX control, which is already ready. So I hope soon we will have new update for SI3.
You mention an activeX control? Is that something we can use in our code to do compares?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Exactly. We are planning to have 2 versions - dll version with simple interface to do files/lines comparison, without any GUI - for those who just need comparison results. And ActiveX version, which will give full Compare It! interface for those who want to let user do comparison himself. The price for ActiveX version would be quite high, since it is give ability to build Compare It! in minutes - in fact sample application is almost Compare It! itself. But API for both cases is still in discussion (while base code is ready).

ravensOrb

Post by ravensOrb »

grigsoft wrote:Exactly. We are planning to have 2 versions - dll version with simple interface to do files/lines comparison, without any GUI - for those who just need comparison results. And ActiveX version, which will give full Compare It! interface for those who want to let user do comparison himself. The price for ActiveX version would be quite high, since it is give ability to build Compare It! in minutes - in fact sample application is almost Compare It! itself. But API for both cases is still in discussion (while base code is ready).
Thise is AWESOME news :) I have a number of projects that I really need to do "behind the scenes" file and folder comparisions/differences. I am looking forward to giving the DLL a try :) Just one question, can you make sure it works with the ,NET languages?

Thanks

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Maybe you can test it for us? :)
This will be plain dll, with functions lile Compare Files(file1, file2, output)., so it should be usable from any language and environment. One possible problem could be complex output structure, probably marked as unsafe in .Net (multipl pointers etc.)

ravensOrb

Post by ravensOrb »

grigsoft wrote:Maybe you can test it for us? :)
This will be plain dll, with functions lile Compare Files(file1, file2, output)., so it should be usable from any language and environment. One possible problem could be complex output structure, probably marked as unsafe in .Net (multipl pointers etc.)
I would be more than happy to test :)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

So, we have some preview available here - http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3x.zip.

ravensOrb

Post by ravensOrb »

grigsoft wrote:So, we have some preview available here - http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3x.zip.
I get "an unsupported error has occurred" when I run it.