wndsync.ini in Vista

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
JPG

wndsync.ini in Vista

Post by JPG »

Igor, please can you check to see if the program needs to run in Admin mode to store changes made to the wndsync.ini file and also if you import the file from a backup the same applies.

Also could more space be put between the items
not older than
date is between
file size
etc
etc

They look too close on my display.

Regards Jon

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

No, the program does not need admin mode. The possible problem is settings ini file, which is currently located with exe - but for this case Synchronize It! can work with registry without problems.
What is your Windows version and screen resution?

JPG

Post by JPG »

My screen res is 1440x900.
Windows version Vista home premium fully updated

I have found that the problem with the ini file is not there when I run the prog in Admin, so I will just do that. I don't want to save the info in the registry.

Also I did enquire about identifying drives by their name, it would be more useful where removeable drives were used (I would have no confidence in using synchronise silently without it)

Thanks again for this very good program.
Jon

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

After next update Synchronize It! will be able to use ini file in LOCAL_APP folder, so you will not need an admin rights for this. Alternatively, you can also change access rights to ini file.

As for names of removable drives, I'm gpoing to release scheduler which can assign Synchronize It! tasks to inserting certain flash disk.

JPG

Post by JPG »

Thankyou Igor.
When will this program be available?
Jon

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

I'm sorry, Jon, I'm afraid I can't say this for sure.