Directory listing bug in SI 1550

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
brahman

Directory listing bug in SI 1550

Post by brahman »

Hi Igor,

if I do a synch preview which contains folder pairs like this:

c:\OpenOfficePortable\App\openoffice\share\template\wizard\letter\en-US\

c:\Program Files\OO Portable\App\openoffice\share\template\wizard\letter\en-US\

For the above path name pairs the last subfolder is not shown in the tooltip preview.

Bug2 (verified w.v.1540):
No count of deleted files in the directory bar which shows pairs of backed up dirs

Bug3:

In "Type Sort" sorting is not done correctly as in this screenshot (look at the .PM files).

Kind Regards,

Brahman

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hello,
Thank you again!
#2 is by design - only "to copy" numbers are shown there. I still have to think how to show all.
#3 is confirmed.

brahman

Post by brahman »

How about the first bug: Not showing the full path?

Regards,

Brahman

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Nope, this one I could not reproduce that.

brahman

Post by brahman »

Here is a screenshot:

The path name stops at letter\ and does not show the rest. Seems to be the case only when the green arrow with 10 is there, otherwise it is showing.

Kind regards,

Brahman

brahman

Post by brahman »

I forgot to say that the tooltip does not show the full path name, that is the problem.

Can you reproduce the bug of no tooltip?

Kind regards,

Brahman

brahman

Post by brahman »

Hi Igor,

I did some more detective work for you :wink: and can now specify the bug more and make it reproducible:

The tooltip on the source folder does not show when following conditions are met for the specific problem line:

1.) The folder line is set to copy to target and shows number of files with arrow (may also be vice versa, not checked)

2.) Part of the last folder source path must display on screen (SI always shows the last part of the folder path in bold font). So in other words some part of the folder structure on the source side of the screen must show up in bold.

Can you reproduce now that under these conditions the tooltip does not come up?

Regards,

B.

P.S.: Point number two is difficult to see in above old screenshot. But if you look closely, you will see that the last "\" after letter is shown in bold. Therefore all these lines do not show the tooltip when my mouse hovers above them.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

brahman,
How long are folder names which are not visible? I have not checked the code yet, but it seems that calculation ignores the fact that number and arrow make visible part smaller. If I'm right, then your folders names are short enough to fit in space, if there were no arrow part.

You can also make main window a bit smaller - will tooltip appear?

brahman

Post by brahman »

Yes tooltip appears when I make windows smaller. Can be used as a work around for this bug.

You seem to be right: If last end of folder were not written in bold, it would fit in space taken by arrow and number.

Regards,

B.