FTP bug with filename case.

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
EeOe

FTP bug with filename case.

Post by EeOe »

I think this bug only applies to linux-based FTP servers where the filenames are case sensetive.

Reproduce.
- Preview local folder and FTP folder with "synchronize" action and "Content" compare.
(Make sure the folders have identical files what only difference with filename case)
- All the identical files with different filename case are listed as different files in the preview. And the "Use lower case file names" in FTP server options doesn't change this behaviour.

The files what have different filename case are all created in the Synchronize It! temp folder, but are 0 bytes long.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Seems like you are right, thank you! I will check it.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hmm, I have tried that - the problem is when "Lowercase file names" option is set, program expect all filenames on server to be lowercase - so it always change filename case when asking for a file. If you remove that flag, it should work as expected - but in this case copying file to server will create a copy. Probably when updating file on server I should always use same case, as on existing file? It seems to be good idea.

EeOe

Post by EeOe »

Yes you are right in most of the cases changing the status of "Lowercase file names" option helps :) , but not always.

Example: I have file software.php in local folder (which is source) and I have file Software.php in the FTP sever (which is target) and it is always listed as different regardless of the "Lowercase file names" option. If I change the FTP sever to source or switch the files (Software.php to local and software.php to FTP) the "Lowercase file names" option helps.

EeOe

Post by EeOe »

EeOe wrote:I have file software.php in local folder (which is source) and I have file Software.php in the FTP sever (which is target) and it is always listed as different regardless of the "Lowercase file names" option. If I change the FTP sever to source or switch the files (Software.php to local and software.php to FTP) the "Lowercase file names" option helps.
This problem is still there in the latest beta. :(