File selection persistance

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
JimRob

File selection persistance

Post by JimRob »

Have not figured out what makes CI remember my file selections. For quite a while they will be to files edited a long time ago, then switch to a current set. Then these will stick for a while. How do we "lock" to a pair of files on exit?

Thx,
Jim

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Do you mean file selection in SelectFiles dialog or which? This one only stores files, selected in it. Recent list in Files/recent menu should keep track of all last files.

Post by Guest »

Sorry for not being clear. When I carefully look at what I am doing, I see two issues to consider:

When start CI, the "Select first file" dialog will come up.

1) This will happen whether or not the General option
"Do "Select Files on start" is checked or not.

2) The dialog for the second selection "Select pair for..." will be pointing to a directory that is not the one containing the file that was last used in the second file panel.

3) The File | Recent is just what I'm looking for; thanks. What I was looking for in "persistance" was having the last used pair come up in the "Select..." dialogs. If they had to be there, I wanted them to be primed with the most recent selection. Now, I'll just cancel the "Select first..." and use File | Recent.

Thanks,
Jim

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

In fact Compare It! tries to remember pairs of folders, so if you have compared file from folder A with folder B, next time you select file from folder A it will open folder B again.