Excel File Comparison

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
msis

Excel File Comparison

Post by msis »

Hello All,

When comparing Excel Files, I keep coming up with "False" line matching. I have gone to the Help Menu - "In rare cases, the comparison engine can do false line matching. This can happen if a file has multiple duplicate lines. To correct this problem, you can perform manual matching." I am unable to get the manual matching to work for me. Is there any way to ignore these type of differences?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Can you send me some files for testing?
Normally it should be so - CompareIt should be able to detect that line is moved.

msis

Post by msis »

Thank you for all the help. Using the regular expressions worked for us....
If all you want is to ignore that TRUE\FALSE difference,you can do it with Regular Expression support. Open Options>Comparison,select "Use regular expressions" check, and press '..' button next to it.Create new expression with following parameters:

Name: ignore false
R1:FALSE
R2:TRUE
Files:*.xls
Use once:no
Action:Replace

This will consider that FALSE equals TRUE during comparison. You may add additional blanks to avoid wrong matches: " FALSE " (without quotes).