Single installer for unicode and ansi versions

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
EeOe

Single installer for unicode and ansi versions

Post by EeOe »

Just an idea.

Pack both unicode and ansi version in the same installer and make the installer to install the right version on the system. On my experience it's fairly simple with Inno and usually such installer pack really well.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, I was goinf to do this too.

jdan

Post by jdan »

Rather than hard-coding this, can you make this an option in the installer, so that the user can choose to install the ANSI version on a UNICODE capable system?

I maintain a number of systems, some of which are not UNICODE capable (old Win98 and ME systems), and I want to run the same version on all systems.

I don't want the installer to install the UNICODE version on Win2000, XP, etc - I still want to run the ANSI version instead, so would like to be able to tell the installer I just want the ANSI version even though it would normally install the UNICODE version.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for comment. In this case you can use plain ANSI installer, or you still need Unicode in some cases?