Total Commander added support for passing archives to SI!

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
brahman

Total Commander added support for passing archives to SI!

Post by brahman »

Hi Igor,

good news:

Ghisler added support for passing archives to SI in TC7.5 Beta8 :). Please see

in history.txt:

"21.07.09 Added: Button bar, start menu: New parameter %Z: Allow to pass name of archive in %P or %T parameter (only recommended if the called program can handle it)"

and in the help file:

"%Z anywhere in the parameters: Allow to pass archives as path to programs for %P or %T when inside an archive

Example: %Z%P passes name of archive to external tool when TC shows contents of an archive"

Bad news:
I cannot get it to work. :(

Could you try and let us know if you succeed?

Please use long file- and pathnames with spaces in your trials.

Regards,

Brahman

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, I wasn't aware of this release. It does work; however there is a problem - folder in archive is passed without last '\', as result it conflicts with last quote character, if used as before: "%P\" "%Z%T\"
So for now you can only create additional toolbar button with this syntax:
"%P\" "%Z%T"
to compare folder with folder in archive.
I will check TC forum and ask myself - if this is by design, I will make a fix in my code.
Also, I will support this syntax in CompareIt - it can handle zip archives too, this feature will fit nicely.

brahman

Post by brahman »

If you set up CI to work as replacement for the internal TC comparer, then it already does archives very nicely.

So please make sure you do not break that functionality when you make code changes.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Oh, I didn't know that. I will check.
Also, Christian confirmed that slash should be there, so it will work in future betas.

brahman

Post by brahman »

Hi Igor,

re:
"%P\" "%Z%T"

You are doing a hack here to make archives work on target, but ideally
shouldn't %Z work in front of both sides?

You may have an archive on either target or source and not restrict yourself to having an archive only on target!

So when you rewrite your code (hopefully you can do it soon), please consider this possibility.

Best regards,

B.