Windows Vista "USER ACCOUNT CONTROL" seems to be a

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
sami

Windows Vista "USER ACCOUNT CONTROL" seems to be a

Post by sami »

HI,

First, I want to let you know that I love this program. I had fun using it with Windows XP.
I switched to Vista and the program doesn't "delete" or "replace" files in the "Target" drive - it gives me the error "access denied" for all files which I confirm to delete or replace.
I switched the "user account control - UAC" OFF in windows vista and everything worked perfect. I think UAC is blocking Synchronize It! to perform its actions.

Is there any way to make the program work perfect without turning UAC off?

Thank you.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Do you have problems with these files if you delete\replace them manually? By problems I mean if you are asked for admin password. If you can handle them as ordinary user, then problem is in Synchronize It!, I will research this. You can try latest beta - it's a bit tweaked for Vista (http://www.grigsoft.com/wndsyncbu.zip).
If you can't delete files yourself without supplying admin access, that's how system now works. You can set option to require admin rights for Synchronize It! - in shortcut properties.

sami

I'm confused!

Post by sami »

I did some tests of back up and it works fine with the AUC turned on. If the problem occurs again i'll get better info next time becuase i didn't remember what error message was exactly. Also i will investigate the files that are not being deleted.

Anyways,

Thank you.