Strange bug in "Customize" -> "Tools"

Post your bug reports here
Gingko

Strange bug in "Customize" -> "Tools"

Post by Gingko »

I use to define a custom tool in Synchronize It!, among others, allowing to open the active file's containing folder (which would be a nice feature if it was fully integrated as I use this tremendously often, but this is another subject).

The custom tool is implemented using "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe" as Command and "/select,{$ActivePath}" as parameters, like this:
Custom tool for opening containing folder
Custom tool for opening containing folder
synchronize_it_bug_1.png (9.86 KiB) Viewed 13219 times
This works fine as long as the folder to open is located on the local computer, but curiously, if it is located on a network share (and only in this case!), the "/select" part is replaced by "C:\select", so the command fails because "/select" is a command line switch, not a filename, and explorer.exe doesn't understand it. So it results in the following error message (sorry, I use French language on my computer):
Error message
Error message
synchronize_it_bug_2.png (3.65 KiB) Viewed 13219 times
(meaning "The access path C:\select does not exist or is not a folder").

The same problem does not exist in the same custom tool feature of Compare It!, however.

I checked the exact parameters passed by creating a command file named "explorer.bat" located in the same folder as "explorer.exe", containing the following lines:

Code: Select all

echo %*
pause
and by temporarily replacing "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe" by "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.bat" in the custom tool.

Edit: The above tests were made on Windows XP Professional SP3 (French edition), I just checked on Windows Vista, this doesn't work there either, but it results in a different behavior (seems to try opening Internet Explorer 9 instead).

Gingko

grigsoft
Site Admin

Re: Strange bug in "Customize" -> "Tools"

Post by grigsoft »

Sorry for delay, I was on vacation.
Thank you, it seems that there is a problem with parameters passing, I will check it.