Files in root directory being identified as junctions

Post your bug reports here
jwhittin

Files in root directory being identified as junctions

Post by jwhittin »

Hi,

I've been using Synchronize It happily for some years and love it. It does exactly what I want and just works all the time.

There is however one problem I've just discovered which is bugging me no end as I (1) can't really understand the problem and (2) it's meant that I haven't been synchronising some files I thought I was. I've searched through the forum and site blog but can't find anything that helps me.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or just me misunderstanding the settings however if it is the latter I can't work out what the settings should be!

I'm using XP Pro SP3 and getting the same problem on Synchronize It builds 1640, 1677, and 1682.

The problem is that when I am synchronising a directory on my notebook to a drive on another PC on the network (D:\Software to \\Server\Software for example), Synchronize It sometimes identifies all the files (no matter what file type) in the root directory chosen (D:\Software\test.txt in this example) as junctions and doesn't copy them and doesn't give an error message either. In this case, all files in D:\Software and \\Server\Software are identified as junctions (subdirectories work fine).

In another case, when synchronising from D:\Public\Videos to \\Server\Videos, the six files in D:\Public\Videos are identified as files, but the two (ehthumbs.db and ehthumbs_vista.db) on \\Server\Videos are identified as junctions.

And it's not just a second level directory thing - when synchronising from D:\John to \\Server\Backups\JohnX32\John\My Documents, the file D:\John\Countries.txt is correctly identified as a file and copied.

Can anyone help me get SI to correctly identify the files as files all the time?

Many thanks

John

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for your report! These problem files are listed in result list and marked as <junction>? Can you make a screenshot? I will study what could lead to such problem.

jwhittin

Post by jwhittin »

Sure can, but how do I attach it to my post or get it to you - I don't have a URL where I can put it...

John

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Just send it to support@grigsoft.com. Thank you!
Also, can you try making folders snapshot, by synchronizing it into empty .pck file?

jwhittin

Post by jwhittin »

Done.

Many thanks!

jwhittin

Post by jwhittin »

Just for the benefit of everyone I thought you'd like to know that the problem was one with Windows Home Server file attributes and that Igor has solved it in a new build beta and it has been working perfectly now for about two weeks.

Many thanks Igor for fixing it so quickly!

John