cannot find files to synchronize after closing app

Post your bug reports here
eva

cannot find files to synchronize after closing app

Post by eva »

hi, i have a backup project from one drive to another set up which has been working until today when i saw this error about a lockup file in use. it was due to my Thunderbird email app being open. so i just closed Synchronize It and then Thunderbird. when i reopened Synchronize It and ran the preview it showed no file differences between the two drives (and there were many shown when i first ran it) except for the Thunderbird ones. Synchronize It now thinks all the rest is synched when they're not.

i closed it and reran it again and got the same results. now the whole backup scheme is impossible to do. any suggestions on what to do next?

thanks, eva

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

What is the message given? If it's "no files found to synchronize", then something is wrong with filters - may be you have clicked Exclude button, or changed file filters? This message, unlike "folders are identical", tells that Synchronize It! just can not find any files matching your search conditions.

eva

Post by eva »

grigsoft wrote:What is the message given? If it's "no files found to synchronize", then something is wrong with filters - may be you have clicked Exclude button, or changed file filters? This message, unlike "folders are identical", tells that Synchronize It! just can not find any files matching your search conditions.
there was no message given it just showed the Thunderbird files that needed to be backed up, but not the others. i was using a backup Project that i had created to backup the drive, so hadn't touched the filters. anyways, i want to report that after rebooting the computer today and trying again it worked fine and all files were found and backed up. i guess windows got buggy or something. sorry for the bother.