Delayed write error

Post your bug reports here
grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, verify copy option will be added - either for all or just selected drives.

brahman

Post by brahman »

Hi Igor and all,

could you add this option quickly? I am also having problems copying to USB drives, but after thorough testing I knew it not to be SI's fault, since TC and other software also has the same copying problems.

Compatibility mode in SI seems to have corrected the problem, but it slows down Si quite a bit.

It would be great to have this option "Verify content after copying" or whatever you want to call it right on the Folders, Sessions and Project tabs next to "Use Archive bit" or move "Use Archive bit" up to be next to "Skip System ..." and the verify option below that on its own line. This way it can be selected quickly when needed.

Also it would be good to have it separately in the options as a general switch and as a possibility to use AFTER synchronizing, if one has received any error messages or has the feeling, something did not quite go right, so that one can quickly verify even after the synching process finished.

For anybody that has these problems, could I suggest an experiment?

Please download and use h2testw (the small free program allows you to have an English or German interface). It is designed to check for faked USB drives (sold as f.e. 4GB, but truly only having f.e. 1 GB capacity, though windows will show 4GB, because of faking) which is difficult to detect.

It can also be used to check the reliability and speed of USB and other drives under real time conditions. Does the program show any errors for your target drives?

Please be so kind and post your results.

BTW I would recommend checking all your USB drives with this program right after you buy them! Due to wear level controllers, this is the only way to check them in a reliable way! Best to use it on drives before(!) you reformat them to be NTFS, so that it has complete access to the entire drive and the MFT zone is not excluded.

This is a very serious issue, and I think Igor will handle it quite capably as always and probably fix it right away!

Kind Regards,

Brahman

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

No problems, brahman, I will try to add verify option shortly.

brahman

Post by brahman »

Hi Igor,

thank you for adding verify option.

I have switched it on, but I cannot determine if it is in fact working. No additional confirmations or display like "verifying" is shown. I assume it is supposed to verify right after each separate file copy?

Are compatibility mode and verify options also working when using variables for drive names - could you please check that?

It would also be nice to have an option, so that one can verify all copied files of the entire project AFTER it finished synching while still in the preview window. This is in case one forgot to turn on verify or when something funny seems to have happened.

Thanks for the quick fix.

Kind Regards,

Brahman

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, I will add indication of verifying process and quick option to toggle it. Please note that at the moment it starts working only if option was set before comparison begin - you should see it's working by slowdown.

brahman

Post by brahman »

Before copying starts or before preview starts?

Regards,

B.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Before preview starts. but I will change this.