Error with FTP backup (Error 450 "Not a directory"

Post your bug reports here
hexomedine

Error with FTP backup (Error 450 "Not a directory"

Post by hexomedine »

Hi,

First I want to say that Synchronize is really a powerful and easy to use software. Really impressive.

I have noticed a bug with FTP. When doing a synchronization from a FTP remote folder to a local folder, during the listing process (LIST command), Synchronize stop and block on a file. This trigger an automatic countdown from Synchronize IT to escape.

The message displayed in the Synchronize FTP console is "1 error(s): 45° /logs/access.log.current/: Not a directory"

The file is not empty but it is somehow strange, under Filezilla it has a shortcut icon and it is regarded as a "Files Folder" which it is not. Permissions are "lrwxrwxrwx". I assume that it is marked as a (symbolic) link.

This error is really annoying since it blocks the whole backup process and I cannot change the file since it is automatically created by my ISP with these options. I have tried to circumvent it in using folders or files filtering but it does not work since the listing of file is performed onthe whole source folder.

Could you please help me or correct the bug (manage links)? I have looked for an anwser in the forum without success.

Many thanks in advance

Nicolas

Parameters
FTP server : LINUX
Local Computer : Win XP Pro, Synchronize 3.3.1499
Synchronize FTP connection: all checkboxes unchecked

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for your report! Yes, I'm afraid symbolic links are not supported at the moment. I will check what can I do here. I'm planning to move to yet another FTP engine with SFTP\FTPS support in near future.

hexomedine

Thanks

Post by hexomedine »

Thanks for your answer !