Issue With Vista and Synchronize It

Post your bug reports here
JJESQ2

Post by JJESQ2 »

I downloaded version 3.2 of Synchronize It last week and loaded it onto my windows xp laptop. I had upgraded from an earlier version, and a new feature that I really like in 3.2 is the split box on the lower righthand side of the synchronizing window. That's the box where the top part gives the percentage completed of all the files, and the bottom portion gives the percentage completed of the particular file being synchronized. Anyway, I got a new laptop yesterday with the Vista operating system, and I installed Synchronize It on it. The program works fine, but one little disappointment is that the lower part of the inner window of the synchronizing window is cut-off, so I now only see the top part of the split box showing the percentage completed. Although I can resize the outer box, it has no effect on the inner window, so there is no way that I can figure out to fix this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, I did some testing in Vista but I could miss this point. I will check it, meanwhile could you try latest 3.3 build - I have tweaked it a bit for Vista.

JJESQ2

Post by JJESQ2 »

I tried downloading and installing the 3.3. version, but had a problem. When I clicked on the wndsync.exe, it didn't seem to install anything, but just opened the synchronize it program. When the program opened it did say version 3.3. at the top of the window, but once I closed and reopened the program it was back to the version 3.2. BTW, I absolutely love this program and appreciate your taking the time to respond to my inquiry.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Beta of 3.3 is distributed without installer - you can simply unpack it to the folder with old version.

JJESQ2

Post by JJESQ2 »

Thanks, I now managed to install in properly. I am still having the same problem with the cut-off window. It's not a really big deal, but you might want to know that when I installed the 3.3. update, it deleted my previous session and project configurations.

JJESQ2

Post by JJESQ2 »

I spoke too soon. After I closed the program and reopened it, it was back to version 3.2. The good news is that session and project configurations were back. :D

JJESQ2

Post by JJESQ2 »

It just occurred to me that the reason the update didn't "stick" was probably because of Vista, i.e. I probably should have installed using the "run as administrator" option which you seem to have to do with some programs even if you are logged in as an administrator. I was going to try it again, but I am concerned that it will erase my session and project configurations.