Problem Excluding Files

Post your bug reports here
JJESQ2

Problem Excluding Files

Post by JJESQ2 »

What I want to do is exclude one individual file from a folder when synching. I have checked "Include Subfolders", and "Include all Folders." I also have "all files" checked. However, when I click the "Exclude Filters" button, nothing happens, i.e. no additional menu comes up. In fact, no matter what I do, I whenever I hit the "Exclude Filters" button, nothing happens. Am I missing something?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, that button says that filters you list should be considered as "exclude all files by this list". To exclude just one file, you can state that file name in list and press ths button. Or, use special mask syntax, like
*.* ! exclude.dat

JJESQ2

Problem Excluding Files

Post by JJESQ2 »

Thanks for your reply. I tried doing what you have suggested, but I must still be missing something. More specifically, when synching my Outlook Express program, I want to exclude a file named Saved Deleted.dbx. To do this, I have checked "Include Subfolders", and "Include all Folders." I also have "all files" checked. In the text box next to Files: I have typed in "Saved Deleted.dbx" (without the quotation marks) I then clicked the "Exclude Filters" button, and then "Preview". However, it still includes the Saved Deleted.dbx file in the list.

JJESQ2

Problem Excluding Files

Post by JJESQ2 »

I got it to work using the *.* ! exclude.dat format. Thanks much!