[closed] Editor features

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
Razzleflabbenz

[closed] Editor features

Post by Razzleflabbenz »

:?:
When editing files with the compare-it, I can't seem to drap and drop or drap and copy selected text. Also, this feature would be good for copying selected text between files being compared.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

In fact in earlier versions there was an ability to drag text. But later I have disabled this, since copying blocks is done easier with merge bar, and in other cases it causes more problems. Note that I find this feature useful in plain text editor, however this is not the case. Still, if some other people want this, I can return it back. It is no so easy now, since new features (like wrapping etc) were added and iut requires some work.

Razzleflabbenz

Post by Razzleflabbenz »

[quote="grigsoft"]In fact in earlier versions there was an ability to drag text. But later I have disabled this, ... It is no so easy now, since new features (like wrapping etc) were added and iut requires some work.[/quote]
:( Sorry to hear that it was once available.
When using a templete to edit code, some words or parm need to be changed.
That's where the <ctrl>drag ang drop aka copy works fast for multiple changes, or where drag and drop aka move really helps.
:idea:
I suggest that word-wraps in this case may not be and issue and a limited drag and drop would be good enough. Since most items will be function names, labels or parmameters etc. Maybe there is a simple way to re-intigrate this operation without a lot of coding and head scratching?

ps. This is a GREAT program! just in case No one has told you.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

OK, I wiill try to get it back in next update

Razzleflabbenz

Re: [closed] Editor features

Post by Razzleflabbenz »

:idea: What is the status of this feature? Its being a while since I have used Compare-it.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Re: [closed] Editor features

Post by grigsoft »

There is an option in Editor settings.