printing comparisons

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
donna

printing comparisons

Post by donna »

hello, I'm in charge of creating the diff reports for the code versions and would have enjoyed having the following functionality:
1. an ability to select multiple files to compare.
2. to print the cross-hatched lines that appear in the default display. For some reason when I print to the PDF printer the cross-hatched lines for non-existing/deleted code equivalents appear as highlight color. In the print options there's a check box for color, so I guess if there was an option to print the cross-hatched lines I'd have had the option to select cross-hatch there. But there isn't.
3. customizing the file path or content that appears in the header row: at the moment I'm deleting manually in Acrobat the full path as I only need the folder name and file to appear. It's quite tedious..
4. it would be nice to be able to format the font in that header row as well.
Thanks, donna

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

1. Do you want to place multiple reports in single\continues page? You cna specify multiple files in command line with file list support.

2. Cross hatching printing will be added.

3. Which format you are using? Filename and last subfolder only? I will think about it.

4. Special font for header seems too much, but I will think about it.

donna

printing comparisons

Post by donna »

you replied: "1. Do you want to place multiple reports in single\continues page? You cna specify multiple files in command line with file list support. " I've looked this up in the Help, but can't figure out how to do it. [Windows XP, using Explorer] Is it possible to add a step-by-step example?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Built-in feature can generate multiple file reports, single report by file. If this is what you need, you can use 2 features:
1. Folders comparison - good if you have file pairs with same names in 2 different folders.
2. List comparison - when your files have different names or reside in multiple folders.
Which is your case?