"Ignore case" not working ?

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.

Would you want uppercase/lowercase letters and special characters stop being shown in different colors when "ignore case" is enabled ?

Yes
100%
Only if I can keep the current behaviour, too.
No votes
No, not even in this case.
No votes

Total votes: 3

chrizoo

"Ignore case" not working ?

Post by chrizoo »

Hi. Maybe there is something I'm missing, but "ignore case" is working only in a very limited way for me.

Look at the screenshot below: It's working in so far as the first line is indeed ignored, but I would find it helpful if the decision "ignore case" were also respected as to the color coding (the two "vertical lines"):

This would make the color coding more logical, because in line 1 letters with different case are not marked, whereas in all other lines letters with different case ARE marked. This is inconsistent.

"ignore special characters" and the other "ignore"-options would have to be adjusted in the same matter.

Thanks for looking into that.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

OK, no reason to make poll :) at least case-difference I can ignore and will fix this.

JPG

Greek letters

Post by JPG »

BOOK<Q> βιβλος<q><WG976><WTN-NSF> OF GENEALOGY<Q> γενεσεως<q><WG1078>

BOOK<Q> ΒΙΒΛΟΣ<q><WG976><WTN-NSF> OF GENEALOGY<Q> ΓΕΝΕΣΕΩΣ<q><WG1078>

Hi Igor,
Ignore case does not work for me in this case with Greek letters, they are always flagged as different. English letters will work correctly.
Jon

Sorry I thought this was the Compare it! topic

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, I will check that.

JPG

Re: Greek letters

Post by JPG »

JPG wrote:BOOK<Q> βιβλος<q><WG976><WTN-NSF> OF GENEALOGY<Q> γενεσεως<q><WG1078>

BOOK<Q> ΒΙΒΛΟΣ<q><WG976><WTN-NSF> OF GENEALOGY<Q> ΓΕΝΕΣΕΩΣ<q><WG1078>

Hi Igor,
Ignore case does not work for me in this case with Greek letters, they are always flagged as different. English letters will work correctly.
Jon

Sorry I thought this was the Compare it! topic
Has this issue been solved? As I said, I did post in the wrong forum, but the issue is not resolved is it?
Jon