Add comparison options as menu item

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
rorym

Post by rorym »

I frequently find my self enabling and disabling the "Ignore blanks: all" option, and periodically changing other comparison settings.

It would be great if these were available as a menu - since these are of primary importance for a file comparison application.

Thanks for a great utility.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for suggestion! I'm planning to add comparison profiles - set of settings that can be quickly changed and associated with specific file types.

rorym

Post by rorym »

The comparison profile is a good idea too, but in this case I like to enable and disable the whitespace ignore on the same file to view it both ways.
-R

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Of course, it will be possible to switch profiles manually. By the way, you Options>IgnoreNothing will not help you?

rorym

Post by rorym »

I completely missed the IgnoreNothing option, that's exactly what I need, thanks !

whiri02

Post by whiri02 »

Hi - I would like to add my vote for comparison profiles. I often have to compare fixed format files and do not want to ignore spaces, but I mainly do text compares where I do want to ignore all (nearly) spaces. The fixed format files always have the same suffix so a profile would be a great solution.