Ability to print a specific side?

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
HelpPlz

Ability to print a specific side?

Post by HelpPlz »

Hello, I am new to the forum and new to the program so please bare with me if this has been discussed before. :oops:

My question is, how do I save & print a particular side of the Compare It window. Specifically the side that displays the differances of the two files being compared?

I am using the following picture as referance:

In this case, I need to print the side that shows the differances being highlighted.

I am kinda a lame duck when it comes to PC programs, so please be specific in the directions if there is a way to do this.

HelpPlz. 8)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

I guess you need printing with changes highligthing? No, you can not do that in current version.

HelpPlz

Post by HelpPlz »

Dang-it... So there is no way to save the right side as a file (.txt) or whatever and print it by itself usning the CompareIt program then?

Shucks.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Wait a moment -right part is already a text file, why you don't you just print it? Or use File>SaveAs command to save to text file. But you will get plain text, without any highlighting.

HelpPlz

Post by HelpPlz »

How do I do that? :oops:

When I save as, it prints both side and shows the differances, thats why I thought you could just select one side and do the same also.

Again, sry for my ignorance.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Sorry, probably we misunderstand each other. What do you mean by "print"? I understand this as print on paper. What do you mean by "When I save as, it prints both side and shows the differances"?