[closed] Missing features/bugs

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.

[closed] Missing features/bugs

Post by Guest »

Is there a way to make Compare It! ignore end of lines as part of white space. I don't want the following to be flagged as a diff:
if (exp) {
vs.
if (exp)
{

Also, is there a way to disable making differences print in bold in the report? I use Licidia Console 6 point font for the report, and it looks awful since all of the changes are in red bold, which makes them about 50% wider.

Also related to the above, I have a comment line which had *'s added to the end of it. In the difference view it looks fine, but on the report, the added *'s are preceeded by a fairly large space.

Is there any plans to offer batch reporting from Synchronize It! through Compare It!?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

1. Currently Compare It! can not ignore line ending, like in your example. I'm working now on partial matching engine, which will align similar, but not same, lines to each other. I think simple cases could be handled in near future.

2. As for bold attribute in printing, what is the problem with Lucida font? Is that you just don't like how it looks bold, or CI can not draw it correctly?

3. I will check what can be the problem with *. I assume you are referring to printed report?

4. What exactly you are trying to achieve with Synchronize It? You can configure a tool to run CI with parameters to generate multiple reports for compared folders.

Post by Guest »

1. Thanks for looking into this in the future. I would think that people who have to "clean up" code formatting would love this feature. Our team leaves legacy formatting just to reduce the effort for code review. But the legacy formatting is much more difficult to read than our current standard.

2. I would like the changes printed in a different color, just not bold. The bold screws up the fixed pitch font. They are not bold in the difference view, just on the report. I gave you the particular font that I was using, in case it is font specific.

3. Yes

4. I would like to print all of the differences in a directory as reports. Since Synchronize It! and Compare It! are separate, I don't know if there is a way to do that.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

> 4. I would like to print all of the
> differences in a directory as reports.

Compare It! supports folders reporting, check this topic:
http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3/help/so ... olders.htm

In Synchronize It! you can define a tool to invoke CI with appropriate command line, or you can simply invoke Ci on itself, without SI.