[closed] Word Wrap bug is not helpful

Post your bug reports here.
Ro Ablate

[closed] Word Wrap bug is not helpful

Post by Ro Ablate »

When I enable WW in a vertical mode, 25 characters are off the right side of each pane. In horizontal mode, it is 57 characters!

In WW mode, horizontal scroll is disabled, so these characters are not available for me to see. Of course WW could be turned off, but with very long line lengths that poses practical problems.

The software is 3.5 build 874.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

A known issue for me is WW would not help for long lines without spaces, since it only wraps by space (or tab). Is this your case? I will fix this by forcing wrapping in the middle of the word, if it is too long to fit.

Ro Ablate

re:Word Wrap bug is not helpful

Post by Ro Ablate »

No, there are plenty of white characters.
In fact, the contents of the file are similar to the following, with some lines being 2 "words" long and some being hundreds long:

C34.2 C34.3 C40.1 R26.6 R26.7

So there are periods (which I'd rather NOT have used as a line break character) and TONS of spaces and/or tabs.
Perhaps THAT is the problem with word wrap - the spaces are in fact tabs --- it was exported from a spreadsheet!

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hmm, could you send me some samples? I would then study the problem.

Ro Ablate

Post by Ro Ablate »

Also found that when I replaced the tabs with spaces, the text of really long line did something akin to a carriage return without a linefeed - it wrote latter characters over top of the characters at the beginning of the line! VERY hard to read!

I'll work on sending some sample files.

Ro Ablate

Status?

Post by Ro Ablate »

Have you made any progress with this issue?
Version 3.51 line wrap turned off still displayed over-layed characters on a long line - about 1400 characters, with about 8 spaces between 4 or 5 non-space text characters.
The over writing starts with characters from position 586 - as if there were a carriage return with no line feed at this point in the file (which there is NOT).

Even more strange - as I move the cursor from the left edge/1st character toward the right in the long line of text, the display is temporarily cleaned up as the cursor moves past. If the cursor is moved to the beginning of this or any other line, the display of this long line is messed up again.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Damn, I was sure I have fixed it. I made WW to wrap lines on any char, if line does not fit. I have it even tested on files, you have sent me (among others). Could you send me your current files? Just 2-3 long lines would be enough. Also, please send me your ini file - I guess this could depend on font settings. Aah, and what is your screen resolution?