[closed] Imported files are gibberish

Post your bug reports here.
Caroline

[closed] Imported files are gibberish

Post by Caroline »

I've just downloaded a copy of CompareIt to try but the result is a disaster - I have imported two Word files to compare but they don't appear in CompareIt as text but only as long strings of meaningless symbols. What is going wrong?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Please check that appropriate built-in converter for .doc files is switched ON in Options dialog, Conveters page. It should be ON by default, but I will check this again.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Also, which version of MS Word are you using?

Post by Guest »

I'm using Office 97 (although I don't know what version of Word the files were created in, as they were sent to me by someone else).

Caroline

Post by Caroline »

And I can't find the Convertors page you refer to - there's nothing recognisable on the Option tab, so perhaps you can tell me where I should be looking. Thanks!

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Which Compare It! version are you using? Office files are supported in 3.x only.

Caroline

Post by Caroline »

I'm using the full version of Word 97 that forms part of Microsoft Office 97. Is that a problem?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

What is important is the version of Compare It! itself. Are you using latest 3.x version?

Caroline

Post by Caroline »

I take your point and I've now upgraded to the latest version which has indeed solved the problem. Thanks.