[closed] Excel Compare - Some fields converted to zero

Post your bug reports here.
kiantae

[closed] Excel Compare - Some fields converted to zero

Post by kiantae »

We are currently evaluating this product for purchase and one of our requirements is the ability to compare Excel files. When comparing 2 of our excel files we noticed that values in a column are being converted to zero except for one cell in the column which shows correctly. I have compared the format on the cell that works and the cells that do not and they are all formatted as 'General'. Is there a reason some values are converted to zero? This is a little disconcerting as we are looking at this as a tool to assist in testing files for accuracy. This is happening with version 3.8.1.1660.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you for your report! I would really appreciate if you could send me your file (or part of it) for testing. We are using third party tool for text extraction, and while we do what we could to ensure best extraction possible, such problems could arise. Once we have a file, we would check what could cause such effect.
Thank you in advance!

kiantae

Excel Compare - Some fields converted to zero

Post by kiantae »

I just checked back and saw your reply. Can you please send your email address so that I can send you the files I am using?

Thanks. :D

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

That is support-grigsoft.com :)