[closed] File dialogs don't correctly display Unicode

Post your bug reports here.
Dainis

[closed] File dialogs don't correctly display Unicode

Post by Dainis »

With CompareIt 3.75 the file Open and Save dialogs do not correctly display directory names above the "Look In" combobox, if they contain characters that can not be displayed with current system language. For example, if I have Latvian regional settings, I can see directory names with Latvian characters, but for Russian names the cyrillic characters are not displayed.
I am using the Unicode version of Compare It!

BTW how about a feature to not insert tab characters when you start editing in the view pane by clicking with mouse in wanted column? This is not yet implemented in 3.75, right?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Could you please check that any other application, like notepad, supports this in correct way? This is system dialog, so basically it should work, if system can do this.

And no, that "Use blanks for padding" option is not yet implemented

Dainis

Post by Dainis »

No, these are not exactly standard dialogs - they are extended with custom static textbox control which duplicates the content of standard "Look In" combobox (which displays fine) and folder history button. The problem is with this static control only (control id = 0x404).
It is very minor problem, but it would be nice if you can get CompareIt really 100% Unicode aware.

Dainis

Post by Dainis »

Just noticed that the same problem is with "Select files" / "Source file not found!" dialog source and target path comboboxes (control ID 0x442 and 0x443).

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Aah, now I see, thank you, I will write this down to check list.