Integration with Perforce

Post your bug reports here.
stc

Integration with Perforce

Post by stc »

Hello,

I want to integrate Compare It with perforce so that I can use Compare It as my diff tool. I have edited the Perforce Options page to use wincmp3.exe as my diff application. This seems to work fine when I have a file checked out and right click it and select "Diff File Against Depot..." The Compare It application opens and I see the differences between the two files just as I would expect.

However, when I am viewing a changelist and right click on one of the files in the changelist and select "Diff against Previous revision..." then I get a dialog box in Compare It that says "SOURCE FILE NOT FOUND!" It looks like it is trying to find two temporary files that are copies of the two revisions I am comparing, but it can't find them.

Do you know how to configure Perforce so that I can do a diff from a changelist? I realize that this is a question that the makers of Perforce should be able to answer, but I haven't gotten any response from them, and I thought I would check to see if you had encountered this problem before and knew of a solution.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Re: Integration with Perforce

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, I have to check how it's possible.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Re: Integration with Perforce

Post by grigsoft »

Well, after first attempts it seems to work when invoking from change list. You have standard %1 %2 as parameters in options?
Also, which is your Perforce client version?