Windows 7 shell extension fix only fixes some context menus

Post your bug reports here.
annoyedbybugs

Windows 7 shell extension fix only fixes some context menus

Post by annoyedbybugs »

The shell extension fix provided in the other topics fixes context items like "Right click>Run as administrator". However, at least one thing is still broken. With remote desktop, you can right click on it in the start menu or taskbar and you get a list of shortcuts to recent remote desktop connections. With the updated shell extension registered, selecting any of these does nothing. If I unregister the extension, then it works as expected and launches a remote desktop connection to the selected machine.

I am running windows 7 64 bit.

ckct

Re: Windows 7 shell extension fix only fixes some context menus

Post by ckct »

I experienced the same problem. The problem is just with Remote Desktop, but this is somewhat annoying becuase the Jump List for Remote Desktop is extremely useful if you use Remote Desktop frequently. Although Compare IT! can be used without the context menu integration, this feature of being able to select the files to compare via the context menu is sorely missed.

I also am using Windows 7 x64.

annoyedbybugs

Post by annoyedbybugs »

Yeah, it is pretty annoying. I can't decide which bothers me more... not having compareit's context menus, or not having the remote desktop jump list working. Both are very nice. I think I actually miss the compareit context menus more after having gone without them for a couple days.

TonHu

Post by TonHu »

After I replace Remote Desktop by Terminals (http://terminals.codeplex.com/) one of those issues vanished for me :P

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you all, I understand now that current shell extension does not fix all problems. I will research this further.

philg

Post by philg »

For what it is worth, on my system the "Manage" item on the context menu of "Computer" (that opens the computer management panel) is also broken along with the remotedesktop jump lists

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate,
Compare IT! v4.1

I have used ShellExView to disable the compare it! shell extension for now but it would be really nice if this can be fixed because the Compare IT! shell extension is really useful.

Thanks,
Phil

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Have you tried updated version here: http://grigsoft.com/wincmpext.zip ?

philg

Post by philg »

OK that did the trick - thanks :)

Thanks,
Phil