Compare folders - maximum path length

Post your bug reports here.
Glynth

Compare folders - maximum path length

Post by Glynth »

Thanks for your work on this project. It's been very helpful thus far. However, there is a bothersome issue with Compare It!'s "Compare folders" option: The "Select folders" text boxes have an overly restrictive limit on how many characters can be in the path/name of the folders you want to select. This has become an issue because many of my files are tucked away in subfolder after subfolder for organization's sake, yet I cannot simply copy+paste the folder's path into the edit box since some of it will be cut off by the box's character count limitation.

You can get around this by entering as much of the path as you can (so long as it's a valid folder that you end up with) and then using the "..." button to go through directories to find the folder you really wanted, but that's a hassle when I ought to be able to just copy+paste the full folder path directly into the box.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Oh, thank you - that's a typical mistake I make, I always forget to change this. I will fix this in upcoming beta update.