difference command line and application

Post your bug reports here.
sjakiepp

difference command line and application

Post by sjakiepp »

Hello,

For my current assignment I am looking at Compare It. I am using it in an automated test (rational robot). In this test I call the command line with the options /G:NS to compare 2 pdf files.

When the pdf files are compared during the test I find a difference. But when I compare these files within the application, there is no difference.

The pdf files are generated. When opened the end says "page x of y". But in CI I get a empty line and a questionmark. During runtime this questionmark is the problem. CI sees a "!".

What causes this? And can I use reg. expressions on the command line?

Thanks in advance,
Sjakie.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Is there a way to get these pdf files for tests?
The only reason I could think of is you having 2 instances of CompareIt - Unicode and non-unicode. Could this happen?

sjakiepp

Post by sjakiepp »

grigsoft wrote:Is there a way to get these pdf files for tests?
The only reason I could think of is you having 2 instances of CompareIt - Unicode and non-unicode. Could this happen?
Yes there is. Where can I send them to? Can you send a mailaddress through pm?

CI is started exactly the same way every time. How can I make sure the command line uses unicode? Or non-unicode?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Unicode or not depends on file version - check your About dialog. If you don't have Unicode mark there, you better get another version from http://www.grigsoft.com/files.htm - conversion from pdf is in Unicode, so results can actually be strange.