You use the Replace dialog box to find text in the source or target files and replace that text with a new string or expression.
To replace text in a file:
- To find and replace text in the source file, click in the source pane to make it the active pane.
To find and replace text in the target file, click in the target pane to make it the active pane.
- In the Replace dialog box, use the Find combo box to define your search term or regular expression.
- Use the Replace combo box to define your search term or regular expression.
- Use the check boxes to refine your search.
Note: You will notice that the font used in the Find combo box changes to indicate which search selections are active.
- normal for a simple search
- bold for a case-sensitive search
- underlined for a full word search
- Click the Find next button to perform your search.
- Click the Replace button to replace the found occurrence with the information in the Replace combo box.
Click the Replace all button to replace all found occurences with the information in the Replace combo box.
In case you have used Replace all operation, you will see number of replacements done in a status field
Note: if you choose to search for Regular Expression, red color for edit field would notify you about badly formed expression.
Using regular expressions
Using RegExp substrings for replacement