Sessions and Projects windows could preferally be resizable

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
emeritus

Post by emeritus »

Especially for users with many sessions and projects and long descriptive session and project names, the old 2.82 version's usability is notably better because of automatic windows resizing in horizontal direction, and manual resizing possibility in vertical direction.

In version 3.0.1.1216 especially Sessions window is too narrow, and cannot be resized at all to any directions. For an user with a big screen with high resolution the Sessions & Projects window is sitting almost as a small prick in the middle of the screen, coercing the user scroll up and down through the small window. If the windows were resizable, even relatively long lists could be seen at once without any scrolling. Now the screen estate cannot be utilized.

I suppose it were easy to return the windows resizability option back like in 2.82 version? Nobody loses anything, everybody wins.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

That's right, I'm working on it now. The problem is now there are 3 different windows, fitted on one - plain, one with sessions list and one with projects list. They all shoul dbe resized individually, so I starting to think my decision to place list on dialog was not a good one. Maybe I will prepare next update in old style, when sessions list is in combo-like control, which opens widely and let you see full picture.

Post by Guest »

I 2nd the comments by emeritus.

Being able to set the window sizes in order to see the full names was a great (indispensible!) feature of V2.

Thanks for taking this as an important action item for V3. :)

emeritus

Sessions and projects windows still non-resizable vertically

Post by emeritus »

Tested some minutes this new Synchronize It! version 3.1.

Resizable windows in sessions and projects seem to work now in horizontal direction which makes it possible now to see even long names.

The vertical resizing of these windows does not seem to work yet, leaving long lists still mostly covered, which means extra work with manual vertical scrolling.

Is it possible to make them resizable in vertical direction, too?

Zelidar

Vertical resize

Post by Zelidar »

Using SynchronizeIt 3.1.1306 likewise emeritus I would very much appreciate a manual resizing possibility in the vertical direction for the session window, IMHO an horizontal resize is less important.

TonHu

Post by TonHu »

Hm, If you need votes (to not use the word complaint), I'd like this form to be more flexibly resizable as well.

I'd also like the default focus to be on the Project/Session selection list, because being a sort of 'keyboard fanatic' (trying to avoid RSI) now I have to press <Tab> several times (4) before I can select the project I need. <Enter> starts the project, as expected, so that's Ok ;-)

TIA
Ton

emeritus

Re: Sessions and projects windows still non-resizable vertically

Post by emeritus »

Still no resizing possibility in the vertical direction for the Sessions window in version 3.5. This flaw impairs the program, making it suitable for only a very light use. Is there any special reason to keep it so narrow from version to version?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Re: Sessions and Projects windows could preferally be resizable

Post by grigsoft »

The main reason is this just doesn't fit in current design. Usable large lists requires tree and a lot more space, this requires changes in general start dialog design. I'm still trying to redo it.