FTP synchronizing

Post your bug reports here

FTP synchronizing

Post by Guest »

Hello.

Referring to this topic: http://www.grigsoft.com/forum/viewtopic ... hlight=ftp

I am using the latest version (3.0.2) and the FTP synchronizing still doesn't seem to work when using Content/Date or Content compare method. It still lists files what are identical. :(

Also I notice that Synchronize It! creates list files ($7list7$.txt) in the FTP folders. I guess that these files speed up the synchronizing, but is there way to disable this feature?

Thank you!

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Are you using any public server? Or maybe you can get me some folder listing your server returns? I could only suggest that listing format is somehow differ from the variants we can handle.

List file can not be switched off at the moment, but I will add an option to skip it.

EeOe

Post by EeOe »

grigsoft wrote:Are you using any public server? Or maybe you can get me some folder listing your server returns? I could only suggest that listing format is somehow differ from the variants we can handle.
Not public or free, but I created new temporary account by spliting my own account so you can test it. I send the info to you with PM.
grigsoft wrote:List file can not be switched off at the moment, but I will add an option to skip it.
Thanks. :)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

great, thanks!

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Got it, will test tomorrow, thank you again!

EeOe

Post by EeOe »

grigsoft wrote:Got it, will test tomorrow, thank you again!
Were you able to reproduce the problem? Synchronize It! 3.03 still lists all the files even if their contents is identical.

Thanks for adding the "Greate list files" option for FTP servers so fast. :) I didn't notice the updated version until now.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, thank you, I have found and fixed the problem, but I could not yet make an update since I'm working on some major changes and it is not ready yet.

EeOe

Post by EeOe »

grigsoft wrote:Yes, thank you, I have found and fixed the problem, but I could not yet make an update since I'm working on some major changes and it is not ready yet.
OK great. :D

EeOe

Post by EeOe »

I just tried v3.1 and the FTP synchronizing now works correctly. :D Thank you and keep up the good work.

ps. RSS feed for the Latest News would be great. :wink:

eakinasila

Re: FTP synchronizing

Post by eakinasila »

How Do I copy files Directly from ftp to another ftp, without downloading them to my pc ? i have 2 ftp accounts, and i wanna copy backup files from one ftp to another, but there are many files, and downloading them to my pc then uploading them to the second ftp would take alot of time, therefor i wanna know how to copy files directly from ftp to another.
Last edited by eakinasila on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Re: FTP synchronizing

Post by grigsoft »

eakinasila
You can not do that with Synchronize It!, but good FTP clients can do that with special server-to-server file transfer.