Arrows On 3.03

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
JPG

Arrows On 3.03

Post by JPG »

Are the reverse arrows ( between source and destination )supposed to be only visible when you mouse over them. They were not there at all in version 3.02 were they?
Jon

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

In fact it was there in beta, then it was hidden and is visible if you press Ctrl (now this is also available). Recently I thought that showing it when mouse is over can be nice. Thr problem is there are too many buttons already, it's confusing. My approach make them invisible but easy to find and learn. Do you think it is stupid? :)

JPG

Post by JPG »

grigsoft wrote:In fact it was there in beta, then it was hidden and is visible if you press Ctrl (now this is also available). Recently I thought that showing it when mouse is over can be nice. Thr problem is there are too many buttons already, it's confusing. My approach make them invisible but easy to find and learn. Do you think it is stupid? :)
Thankyou for the explanation. I think the arrows look good visible.

Is there any progress on my post about "Projects and removable drives" :D

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

In fact it should be fixed in 3.03. Doesn't it work?

JPG

Post by JPG »

grigsoft wrote:In fact it should be fixed in 3.03. Doesn't it work?
With reference to the post about removable drives it does and does not work. It shows files to be backed up, but it does not alert you to the fact that perhaps a removable drive is missing from the project. This used to work with version 2.82

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Well, now project just skips session if source\target drive is not available. And you want some notification about it?

JPG

Post by JPG »

Yes thats it exactly. "Better safe than sorry."

Thanks Jon

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

OK, I see, I will add some kind of notification and log entry on subject.

JPG

Post by JPG »

Thankyou for Your Hard work.
Jon

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

You can get an update.

JPG

Post by JPG »

Thanks again. But the update version has not changed it still says 3.03 on the download and on the program.

Also off this topic, do you need the help file checked in english.?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, I didn't changed the version, just made a silent update. But now you should have error reported if session will be skipped.
As for english, if you will notice some mistakes, I will be glad if you let me know. Or is it so bad that requires complete rewriting?

JPG

Post by JPG »

No, it is not so bad that it needs rewriting. I will suggest some changes. Thankyou for listening.