[closed] "No confirmations" does not work reliably

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
Wilhelm

[closed] "No confirmations" does not work reliably

Post by Wilhelm »

In version 3.0. 1185 it is now possible to select "No confiration on Do it now!" but that does not work correctly. I have set this option and also the option "Disable other confirmations". Nevertheless I am always asked by the program whether files should be overwritten/deleted an so on.

Interestingly, the box "No confirmations" is checked (as it should) when the preview window comes up, but pressing the "Synchronize" button results in the above behaviour.

(AND - although I should perhaps not mention it here - SOMETIMES but very rarely the program behaves as it should. I could not find out WHEN that happens or anything usable for the programmers, but it is a fact.)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hmm, thank you, I will check that again.

Wilhelm

Post by Wilhelm »

Only out of curiosity: have you reproduced the error?

In the meantime, I have never found that the "No confirmations" setting DID work. My initial impression that it works "sometimes" must have been merely a wish...

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Coudl you try last version I have just put out? In my experience it is working just fine - however "No confirmations" only works for Synchronize! button - maybe you expect it to work for DoIt command too?

Wilhelm

Post by Wilhelm »

No, sorry, but it does not work even with the most recent version.

To avoid any misunderstandings - what I mean is the "Synchronize" button in the preview window. When I set "Disable other confirmations" in the Options, the preview window comes up with the "No confirmations" field checked. BUT when I press the "Synchronize" button, I am still asked for confirmation! If I set "Disable other confirmations" to unchecked, then the preview window comes up with "No confirmations" unchecked (as expected) and when I now check that box everything works fine (no confirmation dialog).

In short: it is still not possible to start synchronizing without checking the "no confirmations" field first. This was possible in version 2.

Wilhelm

Post by Wilhelm »

Besides: with "Disable other confirmations" checked I can also bring the synchronizing to work if I first DE-select the "No confirmations" (preview window), then select it again and press "Synchronize". Then it works and no confirmation window appears.

So it must something to do with the evalution of the settings stored in the wndsync.ini. Because when you select the check box manually, it works okay.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Oh, thank you for help, I will check it.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, you was right, I will prepare first update today :)

Wilhelm

Post by Wilhelm »

:D :D :D

Works now! Thanks a lot!