SYCHRONIZE ONLY SOME SELECTED FILES IN A FOLDER

Discussion of new Synchronize It! version.
lmb

SYCHRONIZE ONLY SOME SELECTED FILES IN A FOLDER

Post by lmb »

Hi,
I'm using free version 3.5 of «synchronize it» and untill now it's working pretty well, making a very good job. But I need to know urgently how can I synchronize only some selected files in a folder, not the entire folder. Suppose i have a library folder with authors ranked from A to Z. Besides this folder, I have two other folders one of them with letters from A to I and another with letters from J to Z. How can I select only letters from A to I in the «mother folder» for the first synchronization and only letters from J to Z for the second synchronization?
Thank you very much for your attention and work!

grigsoft
Site Admin

Re: SYCHRONIZE ONLY SOME SELECTED FILES IN A FOLDER

Post by grigsoft »

I'm afraid to do this with SynchronizeIt you will need to manually enumerate this as A\*, B\* etc.. Or you can configure each folder as Session and combine them as Projects.

lmb

Post by lmb »

grigsoft wrote:I'm afraid to do this with SynchronizeIt you will need to manually enumerate this as A\*, B\* etc.. Or you can configure each folder as Session and combine them as Projects.
PLEASE, CAN YOU BE MORE EXPLICIT IN YOUR EXPLANATION? LET ME KNOW MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ATTENTION!
Lm

Gingko

Post by Gingko »

Maybe allowing the use of regular expressions in file selection could help with this ?

Gingko

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

yes, probably you are right, but this is quite a rare need, as I think?

Gingko

Post by Gingko »

grigsoft wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:49 am
yes, probably you are right, but this is quite a rare need, as I think?
Not sure of that.

I would possibly use it if it was available.

Anyway, you already use regular expressions elsewhere, so you already have your products linked to an existing regular expressions library.
Knowing that, it shouldn't be very difficult to generalize their usage a little more. :)

Gingko