Proxy in Magic Mail Monitor

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
Freddy

Proxy in Magic Mail Monitor

Post by Freddy »

Hi!

I have installed the MMM Vers. 294b10. I use AVM Ken! on my Server/Online-PC with a Proxy. MMM on my Client cannot connect to my hosts via LAN. How can I use a proxy in MMM?

Thanks fo answer.

Freddy

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

I'm not sure about Ken - I have seen it once in action, and it seems to me it has it's specific settings. Generally MMM can work over proxy - it's being used with HotmailPopper to check Hotmail or similar thing with Gmail. It just requires reconfiguration - usually you change server to localhost (or ip of pc you have proxy installed on). Check Ken help on using POP3 mail clients, such as OE.

Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Sorry!!!!

wrong lmage-link:

This are my IE settings:

:oops:

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

OK, I see. Still, I can not give you any info on this - you should check Ken documentation. Search for "Using POP3 email client", there should be decription what to set as proxy. POP3 configurationis simple - server, user name. When proxy is used, server becomes address of proxy (192.168.115.1 in your case), but proxy still have to know to which remote server to connect. To solve this problem different proxies use different appproach, that's why I'm forwarding you to your docs.