Compare It! and Synchronize It! development status?

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
Gingko

Compare It! and Synchronize It! development status?

Post by Gingko »

Hello,

There doesn't seem to have been any new changes made on Compare It! and Synchronize I! for nearly one year now.

I would like to see if these products are still under development?

If not, it would be really a great shame as Compare It! and Synchronize It! are really useful tools that may sill need some improvements.

If nothing it planned to be released in the near future, I think that it would be a good thing to at least quickly finalize the latest bundle releases in the "download" section.

Currently, if I want to use the latest Compare It: and Synchronize It! versions, I have to first use the latest bundle install and next overwrite half of it with the latest "Compare It!" version 4.2, as the bundle only contains version 4.1. This is not very practical nor very rational.

In fact, I'm even wondering why version 4.1 is still available that way?

Also, I think that the latest Compare It! version 4.2 would need to be recompiled: if you examine the binary file's properties (Numerical Signature thumb), it is said that the application VeriSign certificate is expired (some process monitor tools, like Iarsn TaskInfo can warn about this too).
See picture below.
Binary file's properties signature (on a French edition of Windows XP).
Binary file's properties signature (on a French edition of Windows XP).
compare_it_certif.png (23.23 KiB) Viewed 16625 times
This probably doesn't have any real consequences, but I think this should be fixed anyway.

Gingko

Spitfire_ch

Re: Compare It! and Synchronize It! development status?

Post by Spitfire_ch »

Gingko wrote:I would like to see if these products are still under development?

If not, it would be really a great shame as Compare It! and Synchronize It! are really useful tools that may sill need some improvements.
I agree with that. We use these products on a regular basis (both at home, and CompareIt! for the entire team at work). I would hate to see them getting unusable because some new OS is released which is no longer compatible.

Igor, if you don't plan to further develop these tools - could you consider to release the source code? Maybe somebody else would be willing to take over the great work you started.

Best regards
- spitfire

tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

It is extremely discouraging to see that Igor has not replied to this thread for half a year. It leaves us with no choice to consider the product dead. What a shame.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Well, my apologies to everybody. For some reason I have just missed this thread completely.
I know how this looks - we have last minor update over a year ago, but I still can assure anyone that I'm still here and support my programs. Unfortunately I had to return to normal full-time job, so now I have very little time for my beloved tools, but I will hope I can survive, improve it, and make it good enough so nobody would think they have lost time and money.

Igor.

TonHu

Post by TonHu »

grigsoft wrote:For some reason I have just missed this thread completely.
Might this be attributed to several spam-floods in the past couple of months? A lot of garbage has been deleted then, and valid posts are likely to be missed in such situation.

Thanks for your continued support, Igor!