check for open files

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
jts3979

check for open files

Post by jts3979 »

Hi, i am trying to use compareit in the command line to merge files inside two folders. is there a way to check and make sure all files are not open/in use before it gets merged? thank you.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

If Compare It! will not be able to open file(s), you will see a message about it. But most editors, as an example, do not lock file, so you will not be able to see if your file is opened by other application.

jpengell

Disable check for open files

Post by jpengell »

Is there a way to disable the check for locks on the files? I'm trying to integrate Compare It! with another editor, and I know that the other editor has a lock on the file. Specifying /r on the command line or selecting "Always Open In Read Only Mode" from the Options menu doesn't seem to help.

Thanks!

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

If it is possible to open file, but not possible to edit it, CompareIt should silently disable editing mode for this file,. notifying you by red shield icon in file title. If you believe in your case file can be opened for reading, but CompareIt can not open it, please let me know which application is locking the file - I will try to check what can be a problem.