Custom tools

Do you have anything to share with other users? Your opinions about our programs, suggestions for future products - everything goes here.
Ross

Custom tools

Post by Ross »

Hi,

I have a custom tool (bat file) that I'd like to run automatically just before a Project Preview/Sync is executed.

I have already created the tool itself and it appears, and works, through the Tools menu in the UI, but I'd like it to automatically execute just before it compares/sync's files when I click Preview on my project.

I couldn't find any way to link it to a specific project, so is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance.
Ross.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

I assume you are talking about Synchronize It? No, at the moment there is no way to attach to project. I will think about this.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Another thought - you can make a batch file, running your tool first and then sync'ing your project with /auto or /I

Ross

Post by Ross »

[quote="grigsoft"]Another thought - you can make a batch file, running your tool first and then sync'ing your project with /auto or /I[/quote]

Yeah I have also considered setting the batch file to do this. So I'll probably look into that.

I did mean Synchronize It! yes. :-)

Thanks for your help.

brahman

Post by brahman »

Hi Igor!

In this thread you mentioned a "/I" switch equivalent to "/auto".

I was not able to find a /I switch documented anywhere in SI help or blog.

Are there more of such undocumented switches?

Could you make a list of switches not in the current help file for SI and CI, so we can all use them?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Brahman

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

In fact, I was wrong - that /I was uses in 2.х version, now it was replaced with /scan. Anyway, before every release I try to check supported command line list with help, making sure help covers everything.