synchronize it! + task scheduler

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
tempman

synchronize it! + task scheduler

Post by tempman »

Hello,
there is some way of putting a synchronize's project in the windows task scheduler? I have win2k server.
I've created a .bat file with the called to winsin.exe /P=project_name /I /auto, but the windows task scheduler doesn't run this task. Someone can help me? If I run the .bat file manually, it works correctly.
Thanks beforehand.

Cheers...

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

You can run winsin directly from scheduler. Schedule task first simply as
Winsin.exe, then open Properties of the created task and specify command
line in Run field. I'm using it myself this way.

Tempman

Post by Tempman »

Hello,
ok, thanks ... I found the problem. I put a wrong password for the task scheduler :-) Sorry ...
Thanks again.

Deet

Scheduled tasks issue

Post by Deet »

I tried to add the extensions new project/auto in the run line in Sheduled Tasks but when I save it the / gets turned into a \ and winsin.exe won't run

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Which Windows version are you using? I have not seen such problem before.

Deet

Post by Deet »

XP x64

Deet

Post by Deet »

I have installed the new version but haven't tried it with scheduler yet, will do so and report back

cribs

setting up schedule

Post by cribs »

I can not seem to find the step by step guide in the help file to set up the windows schedule to back up a single project, can you point me to the help file section.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

I guess I should write some article covering this topic in details. In short, once you have configured and tested your Project in Synchronize It!, try using command line wndsync.exe ProjectName /auto. This command should be added to scheduler.